Monday, December 27, 2010

Before 7am

I keep waking up around 6am. Maybe a little before, maybe a little after. And then I lay and do 2 things.
1. Wish I was still asleep
2. Try to figure decide what to do with this time that I am awake but wish I wasn't
What I have been doing until this morning is check Facebook and Twitter until my son (2 year old Samuel) comes in the room and snuggles me. This morning was different. I did what I have always thought I should do first thing in the morning but have rarely actually done. I got my laziness out of bed and got up to read my Bible. My son followed me to the living room. He sat on my lap snuggled under a blanket while I read Philippians. Now it is still pre-7am and I have read my Bible and am almost done blogging. I feel much better about what I have done with previously wasted awake time. I have been reminded by the Apostle Paul that "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." I have had formative time for both Samuel and myself and I start my day with not only hiding God's word in my heart but also modeling that for my boy. If I do this everyday and he sits with me when I do, what will that be teaching him? I think tomorrow I will do this again.

No comments: